Subject: Re: Hardware Doc
To: None <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/07/1994 09:41:41
> I have heard that Apple will probably release the 680x0 mac herdware docs.
> This is due to the Power Mac availability. :-)

It would be interesting to know when/where this documentation would show
up ;-)  There are some documents, already, in the form of developer
notes.  These are useful, but not particularly so...  :-(

> They *won't* release Power Mac docs :-( . So it will be very hard to make the
> first UNIX for power Mac, because of strange hardware characterisc like
> DMA, etc...

Not surprising, but disappointing.  I was hoping that they'd be more
open with the new machines...  Time will tell--I haven't lost hope,

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****