Subject: Reply to BSD Licenses
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <Wesley.R.Palmer@cdc.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/29/1994 15:21:56
> Anything that came after the IIci comes with a HD floppy. This
> includes the fx. And you're right, some early models of the IIx
> came without that drive. And there may have been some II's upgraded
> to the IIx motherboard.

Don't forget about the IIfx's that were upgraded.  I upgraded
mine from a II to a IIfx.  I chose to spend the extra money
for the 1.4 floppy drive, as I expect most people did that upgraded
to the fx.  However, it wasn't a requirement.  Upgrading the
II's to have 1.4 was more expensive because you also had to
install the new SWIM chips (and a PMMU if you wanted to run
unix or virtual).