Subject: Re: BSD Licenses
To: None <>
From: Ken Nakata CS major/CIS dept. <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/29/1994 00:18:42
>From: Hubert Chen <>
>Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 21:28:28 -0500
>In message <>you scrawled:
> >This is not correct. Mac IIs only suppor the 800k floppy. I think this is
> >also the case with the IIfx, but I can't remember right now.
>Whoops, I stand corrected. IIs(and maybe IIx's) don't have 1.44M drives.
>I think fx's do have HD drives, but I'm not sure... Still, I don't think
>if it's worth it to put another whole distribution on 800k for those

Why don't you split a tar file into 200k files?  You can put either
four 200k files on a 800k disk or seven 200k files on a 1400k disk.  I
think it's the way 386/Net/FreeBSD was/is/is distributed (file size is
about 240k, though).  Oh, I'm not sure of the disk capacity, so 200k
may not be much accurate.  I just took the gcd of 800 and 1400.

Ken Nakata