Subject: Re: BSD Licenses
From: Brad Grantham Featuring 24 Hour Alarm <grantham@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/28/1994 19:18:30
> In message <9403290211.AA01500@oit.itd.umich.edu>you scrawled:
>  >This is not correct. Mac IIs only suppor the 800k floppy. I think this is
>  >also the case with the IIfx, but I can't remember right now.
> Whoops, I stand corrected. IIs(and maybe IIx's) don't have 1.44M drives.
> I think fx's do have HD drives, but I'm not sure... Still, I don't think
> if it's worth it to put another whole distribution on 800k for those
> people.

Well, uh...  Three of the most active MacBSD developers have 800K drives,
so I think an 800K floppy distribution will probably be created right
alongside a 1.44M distribution.  After all, one of the strongest reasons
behind the current development of MacBSD is to support those poor people
who have old, outdated machine that are, however, capable of running
32-bit BSD.  (I, for instance, am still running on a Mac II with 8M
RAM, although the two monitors and 1.1G of disk space disguise it
somewhat.)

"The Macs," a semi-freeware product by M. David Greenspon, reports that
IIx's have 1.44M floppies.  My guess is that only II's and upgraded SE's
have 800K floppies (poor fools).

> In other news, does anyone else notice any slowness in sending mail to
> sun-lamp? It took about 10 hours get the mail I sent to macbsd-general.

I hope this message doesn't come on the tail of a dozen others which
make it redundant...

		-Brad
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@netcom.com ---------- Happily slaved to NetBSD/Mac68k!
 I think "make love, not war" is probably too extreme.  I think the sentiment