Subject: Re: Video cards
To: chas williams <chas@ohm.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/28/1994 09:47:47
> How does NetBSD
> handle cards that have various supported sizes?  Why does it think the SuperMac
> card has that size? (i can get the exact boot messages if any cares...)

The card's size is read from the declaration ROM on the NuBUS card.
I don't recall where, exactly.  It probably takes the data from the
default setting on the card, though.  During boot, however, it uses
the data from the Grafport (!?--it's been a while... ;-), it will
probably continue to use the original data for console-type activities
within the kernel.

If you can get the 24-bit card to work, or have any ideas, it would
certainly be helpful.

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****