Subject: Re: BSD Licenses
To: Kevin Wilson 315-456-1404 <kevin@spef12.spef.syr.ge.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/27/1994 21:26:43
> talk about licenses has me asking the question is one required to
> run MacBSD?

Chris already answered this, but I'll second it.  No.

> I have been tring to get MacBSD up and running on a MacIIx.  It looks like
> it should go with almost no problems.

It should be no trouble.  If it is, please let us know!

> into though is that I am using a mouse systems 3-button mouse as my
> Apple mouse started to get a bit jumpy.  Has anyone used one of these
> mice on a Mac w/ MacBSD?

I don't know of anyone using one, but it should be no problem if it
emulates an Apple mouse.  For instance, my Gravis mouse works fine.
If, like a MouseMan, it emulates a keyboard (!?), it will not work
until Brad's new ADB system is in place (correct me if I'm wrong on
this, Mr. Grantham).

> One other thing that would be nice is if you could partion the tar files
> so that they will fit on floppies.

Will consider.  Actually, the dd part would be easy for us to accomplish,
and if you would like to polish and contribute your mac application to
reconstruct the files, that would serve, wouldn't it?  ;-)

Actually, the original installer did work on multi-part files, and might,
still...

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****