Subject: Re: recompiling the IIci kernel
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
From: Bharat S. Jhaveri <bjhaveri@Arco.COM>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/27/1994 19:05:19
>> My question is , is it possible to have configuration file for the CI
>> version of the kernel.
>
>There is no specific configuration file for the IIci.  The netbsd.ci
>kernel was generated by a snapshot the kernel source at some point in
>the past and was from the same configuration files as the others.
>
>The changes have been rolled back into the main sources (we think), and
>you should be able to boot from any recent kernel.  Please see if the
>kernel at kitten.async.vt.edu:/pub/dist/netbsd boots for you.  If not,
>then we have a problem...

  I guess that I do have a problem. I got the recent kernel from kitten. I
was not able to boot. It did give a message that it was trying to boot, but
it hangs up. I got quite a few kernals and tried them they all hung up. I
can only boot from the netbsd.CI (not netbsd.ci) kernel that I got from the
update bsdfiles.010294.tar from the cray-ymp updates and booter from
bsdfiles.122193.tar in the same update directory. I also got the tar-files
from the tar_files directory there.

  I know that this kernel netbsd.CI has alwas booted. But quite a few times
I have to reboot because fsck gives a lot of errors.

  Thanks for letting me know that my kernel compilation was not the isuue.
Let me know if I could try something else to boot with other newer kernels.

Thanks again for your help.

Sincerely;

Bharat S. Jhaveri

Bharat S. Jhaveri