Subject: Re: recompiling the IIci kernel
To: Bharat S. Jhaveri <bjhaveri@Arco.COM>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/27/1994 20:50:08
>   I guess that I do have a problem. I got the recent kernel from kitten. I
> was not able to boot. It did give a message that it was trying to boot, but
> it hangs up. I got quite a few kernals and tried them they all hung up.

Where do they get "hung up"?  How far do they get (how many gray bars, if it
doesn't even get to clearing the screen)?

>   I know that this kernel netbsd.CI has alwas booted. But quite a few times
> I have to reboot because fsck gives a lot of errors.

???  After clean shutdowns?  How are you shutting down the system?

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****