Subject: Re: MacBSD and tape drives...
To: Matthew W. Hacker <hacker@moe.optics.rochester.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/27/1994 15:55:14
> have any matching drivers.  It's an Apple 40 Meg tape backup.
> (3M    MCD-40)  Is there a driver out there that could be hacked
> to work?  Do I just need to recompile the kernal?

Can you send me the data that the kernel prints out when it starts?
There should be a line of stuff, followed by the "no matching driver"
message.

> p.s.  To Allen:  The kernal off kitten didn't stop my machine from
> crashing, but after I switched the order of the video card and ethernet
> (now it sees the ethernet card first)  it worked fine.

Odd...  The error about clearing shared memory was found and fixed by
Lawrence.  It shouldn't have had any connection with the other problem.
Switching the order shouldn't have made any difference.

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****