Subject: Re: Video cards
To: Scott Kaplan <sfkaplan@cs.amherst.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/27/1994 15:43:34
> I know that the standard Apple 8-bit video card will work.  What other cards
> work just fine with MacBSD? (Or do just about all of them?)  I've gotten
> offers from people to sell me Apple 8.24 and 8.24GC cards for rather good
> prices.  Woudl these work?  How about an E-Machines Double SX 8-bit video
> card?  Any help on this topic would be useful, as I'm somewhat in the dark
> as to the potential problems and benefits from one video card to another.

I don't know...  I think that any 8-bit card should work.  I don't know
about the 24-bit or 8/24.  Your best bet is probably to hear what kinds
of cards people are using now.

Any negative or positive experiences to report (outside the Apple 8-bit
or 1-bit cards)?  Anyone?

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****