Subject: Video cards
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Scott Kaplan <sfkaplan@cs.amherst.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/27/1994 14:11:54
Okay, I'm a IIci user who is looking into getting myself a video card.  For
one thing, I could use MacBSD now.  For another, it would be nice to have
slightly faster video and reclaim the RAM that's now being used for video
stuff.  So, a couple of questions about video cards and MacBSD...

I know that the standard Apple 8-bit video card will work.  What other cards
work just fine with MacBSD? (Or do just about all of them?)  I've gotten
offers from people to sell me Apple 8.24 and 8.24GC cards for rather good
prices.  Woudl these work?  How about an E-Machines Double SX 8-bit video
card?  Any help on this topic would be useful, as I'm somewhat in the dark
as to the potential problems and benefits from one video card to another.

Thanks!

Scott Kaplan
sfkaplan@cs.amherst.edu