Subject: HP 550C Printer Connection to macbsd
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
From: Bharat S. Jhaveri <bjhaveri@Arco.COM>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/25/1994 09:58:07
>>   The Deskwriter is connected as a serial connection. It is expecting a
>> baud rate of 57600 bps 8bits and no parity.
>
>I'll take a look at this, but I have doubts that we can keep reliable
>serial data at 57600...  If you're not doing much else, it might be
>possible.
>
>-allen

   I spent some more time last night with HP printer connected to mac
through ZTERM to cofer that 57600 bps is a hardwired HP serial connection.
I could print from the printer only at 57600 in ZTERM.

   So, I downloaded the kernal source to see if it could be reconfigured at
57600 bps with hardware handshaking type of serial connection. ( I don't
know much about this, but I am taking this opportunuty to learn about Unix
adminstration, and of course not have to buy another printer for printing
through macbsd)

  My question is, is there complete source for kernal reconfiguration for
IIci in ksrc.tar.gz and mk.tgz? Although I have some help from Unix experts
at work, am I wasting my time, ie. should I just give up?

   Thanks again for your help.

Bharat S. Jhaveri
bjhaveri@arco.com