Subject: Re: Can't install... What's wrong?
To: Ken Nakata CS major/CIS dept. <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/24/1994 13:06:07
> I know it complains that there's no directory named "usr" in the root
> fs, but how do I create it?  Both MKFS and Installer are created on
> Sep, 1993.  I'm ftping MacSideUtils.cpt.bin from cray-ymp and checking
> if mine are the latest...

Hmm..  Is mkdir a command in the installer?  If not, it should be ;-)
If you create the /usr directory on root, it should work.  If the
command is there, try the following steps:
	* Start installer, ignore message
	* mkdir /usr
	* Exit installer
	* Start installer and look for the error--shouldn't be there

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****