Subject: Re: SLIP
To: Bharat S. Jhaveri <bjhaveri@Arco.COM>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/20/1994 18:43:47
> Now I need help with setting up a SLIP connection with my CISCO server at
> office. I have a Teleport Gold connected to the modem port. When I follow
> the instructions in the FAQ about SLIP, I get response <kitten> <25>

So you are able to send and recieve text OK interactively when you're using
cu?  The kitten part of the message is the hostname.  The 25 is probably a
26 which is the ascii value in decimal for ^Z.

Brad and Lawrence: wasn't the IIci using a different clock for the serial
connection?  Did that support get into the serial device?

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****