Subject: Re: disks
To: Keenan Brock <kfb2@Lehigh.EDU>
From: Michael Finch <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/19/1994 22:53:31
Keenan Brock
> If I want to support different protocols on my mac (in macos) ie support
> ibm disks or ufs disks from the finder, what exactly do i write.  Is it a
> driver or is there some other name for this...
> can this be done via the foreign file access thingy?... (cd rom is done that
> way) Or is there a better (read easier) way.  Effeciency is not my goal.
> Ie look at access pc.  They support disks and softpc harddrives
I was gonna do this long ago.  I noticed a line in one of the Inside
Macs saying to write to Apple asking for information on how to
write an "external file system."  I later saw a line in a Tech Note
that said "don't even bother trying to do this."  I believe that
using the Foreign File Access hooks is the way to go, good luck.


-- 	| The world would be so much nicer, if
					| people would say "wiggle" once daily.