Subject: Re: Crashing on ethernet card?
To: Matthew W. Hacker <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/19/1994 11:37:21
> I got it to boot by removing the ethernet card - but that's not
> a very useful solution  :-/  I assume it's puking on the card.
> It's a StarNet card with AUI and 10baseT.  The numbers on it's main
> chip are MX98902QC E9315 AD34577.1

Ick...  Never heard of this beast...  The kernel at should ignore the card and allow
you to boot.  Kitten should be back up sometime around 4pm EST today
(modems, telephone service, and terminal servers willing).

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****