Subject: Re: OS.
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@ncd.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/17/1994 14:38:48
Ooh, yeah.   We found a really cool one recently: the dump command
doesn't dump filesystems - it dumps executables.   Oops.   Of course,
the person who wrote the script to dump our filesystems should have
checked to make sure it was working, but he didn't, so we're hosed.
Sigh.

Of course, we wouldn't need the backups if it wasn't for the horribly
complicated and arcane physical-to-virtual device mapping and the
Journaled Filesystem.   If you misplace the pointers on that, you're
in big, big trouble.   Kind of reminds me of the NT Filesystem...

BSD Will Save Us All... :')

			       _MelloN_