Subject: Re: MacBSD on Mac PPC's?
To: Philippe Steindl <ilg@imp.ch>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/15/1994 20:32:03
> Do you think on a port of netbsd to the ppc's? This would give us some cheap

I would love to work on such a port.  There are two major roadblocks
to such a port.  The biggest is that I don't have a machine.  The other
is that we next to know nothing about the hardware in the new machines.
NetBSD/Mac is not a "well-behaved" Mac application, so ports are non-trivial
and there's only a handful of people working on the Mac port actively.

We're working on the distribution and installation, and we hope to improve
it vastly.  The more people we can get working on it, the better...

If you want to send me a machine and/or money to work on it, I'd be happy to
get NetBSD/ppc off the ground. ;-)

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****