Subject: MacBSD vs. A/UX vs. MachTen
From: Thomas Vanco <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/03/1994 14:44:00
        Tom Vanco here again.  I'm still thinking of running MacBSD on a
IICX as my SLIP gateway from the Internet to my local ethernet network,
over a 14.4K modem linkup to bridge them.  But now I've gotten
suggestions that I should try A/UX or MachTen.  Has anyone ever tried
them?  What is the advantages to either of those to MacBSD?
Disadvantages?  What I really want is the most stable gateway I can get,
the least amount of hassle, and the most compatibility.  Also, the most
speed I can squeeze out of a 14.4 is important too.  Cost is not a
problem, so I can get A/UX is it's the best for the job.  Also what would
be nice is to keep a Mac interface somewhere, I believe A/UX and MachTen
can do this, right?
	All help anyone can provide would be extremely appreciated.

	Tom Vanco
Thomas Vanco                     Founder/Owner/Manager of Millenium Software
Internet:   Administrator of South Brunswick High School's
CompuServe: 71534,1442           Internet Services (Still under development)
      Proud Member of the Confederation for Future Computer Professionals
        Macintosh guru, Pascal programmer, self-proclaimed Unix Wizard
                          Communications Professional