Subject: More booter quirks (was Re: Booter 1.0)
From: None <monroe@cs.pdx.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/02/1994 23:56:05
Allen Briggs writes:
> > > I think there is a small bug in the Booter... it does not save the state of
> > > the "Auto Size Memory" button... I've tried to save it in the off position
> > > but it doesn't save... I just thought someone might like to know...
[...]
> Fixed.  It'll be in the booter Version 1.1 whenever that comes out...

I found a couple more strange things in the booter:

- The font name field in the preferences dialog seems to be ignored.
  It gets reset to Geneva when the dialog is closed and reopened.

- Clearing out the "Partition Name" field (probably unnecessary, but I
  did it with the old booter and it worked fine) causes the booter to
  tell me that the magic number on my filesystem is bad when I try to
  boot.  This one had me scared for a few minutes.

BTW, how about throwing in a 'vers' resource before said release?  If
we're going to have meaningful version numbers, we might as well make
'em official-looking.  ;-)

- monroe