Subject: Re: TCP flowthrough
To: Thomas Vanco <tvanco@nyx10.cs.du.edu>
From: Brad Grantham in Convenient Vinyl Pouch <grantham@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/28/1994 18:29:57
Thomas Vanco writes:
> 3) I have a Mac IICX running MacTCP and seeveral TCP applications that I
> set up.  They are all accessable from within the local network over
> our IP ethernet and localtalk.
> 4) I've been told that I can run MacBSD on the IICX and use the modem on
> as a device.
> 5) I am hoping that the IP from the internet can flow over the
> modem, through MacBSD, and through MacTCP to the ethernet network.  Is this
> possible??!!

Um...  I'm not entirely clear on what you want to do!
MacBSD seems to run fine for me using SL/IP over a 14.4 baud connection.
MacBSD *does not* have a working ethernet driver, and you can't run
MacTCP under MacBSD.  (regular UNIX TCP would be enough!)  MacBSD
takes over the machine completely.  I suspect you understand that
and I have misunderstood your post.

If you were interested on placing the IIcx off of your network as
a SL/IP node, that would work.  You'd need MacSLIP (is there such a
thing?) running under MacOS on another machine, connected to your
IIcx.  This is probably not what you want.

Good luck, whatever you do.

		-Brad
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@netcom.com ---------- Happily slaved to NetBSD/Mac68k!
 The Internet has its T cells, its neurons, its blood, and most certainly its