Subject: Re: building new kernel.
To: Eric Taveau <taveau@CAM.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/24/1994 19:26:37
> The instructions for building a new kernel assume that you already have
> one running. Since there is a way to boot from a kernel on a
> mac partition,
> I'd like to know if there is a way to build a kernel
> from MacOS? (there must be , how was the first kernel built?)

Actually, it was built under A/UX...  :-(

> I know that the IIsi version is being worked on, but I want to
> experiment with this in the meantime.... (hey! it's a hobby!  :-)  )

If you have a lot of memory, you might be able to set up a cross
development environment with MacMiNT.  Unfortunately, it can't
use VM...

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****