Subject: Re: Just some general questions
To: Starman <render1@teak.njit.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/24/1994 19:16:01
> 1) Can floppies be mounted? Just curious. There doesn't seem to be a 'format'
>    command.

Not yet.  Someone is working on a floppy driver.  If you have any info
that might be useful, let us know...

> 2) What is the basis (if any) for a Mac-to-Mac MacBSD connection? Does MacBSD
>    use any kind of ROM interpreted AppleTalk/serial port 2 connection to make
>    this work?

Nope.  You can use slip or some other RS-232-based communication, but
not LocalTalk...  You're welcome to work on this.  We could probably use
CAP for some of the AppleTalk parts, but we definitely need the actual
LocalTalk drivers to interact with the serial driver.

> tron ftpd[224]: setsockopt (IP_TOS): Invalid argument

That's a warning message.  It should be gone in the next release.

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****