Subject: Re: kitten.async.vt.edu:/pub/ports
To: None <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
From: Edward Wolpert <wolpert@neon.chem.utk.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/24/1994 10:24:04
[Archiving port question deleted]

	I think we need a ported code archive as well.  Either hulk.sfsu.edu
or cray-ymp should be it.  neon.chem.utk.edu won't be able to store MacBSD
ports once I'm not the sys adm here, or if we start running out of disk
space.  [About a year from now]  Any code that I port, (or anything related
to gnu emacs being ported to MacBSD, thanks Rod) will be available on neon.

	Since hulk.sfsu.edu has said that they will take any ported code,
that might be a good choice.  My question is are they (hulk and cray) both
static? Or, like neon, will next (few) year/s bring a change that will stop
MacBSD ports being stored there?  It's convenient to have the ports located
at the same place the latest MacBSD source/kernals/binaries go, but it may
make too much of a demand on that computer.  I have a lot of folks ask me how
to get MacBSD... the FAQ points to the cray first, so that's where they go.
(when it's up :-)

		Virtually,
		Edward Wolpert

wolpert@utk.edu            | System Administrator
wolpert@osti.slip.utk.edu  | Systems Programmer
pa153568@utkvm1.utk.edu	   | Graduate Chemistry Student
I'm  sorry, but Godot isn't here today. Perhaps if you came back tomorrow...