Subject: installing tarfiles on an iomega cart
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jeremy Alan Green <jag@tiac.net>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/22/1994 22:33:16
I think my last message was lacking the second half for some reason... I'm
posting it again.
OK, I got an iomega cart formatted and I found out the right info to use
with makefs.  It all seemed to work fine.  I got all of the tar files
installed except half way through usr.share.tar I got the following
error....
-r--r--r-- 3 7   10264 Mon Dec 06 22:20 1993 usr/share/man/cat1/tset.0
-r--r--r-- 3 7       0 Mon Dec 06 22:20 1993 usr/share/man/cat1/reset.0 har
d link to usr/share/man/cat1/tset.0
read_block2:Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
/: bad dir ino 10305 at offset 0: mangled entry
bad dir

I tried it again and I got the same error.
Does anyone have a clue as to why this happened?  Is it because I am using
an iomega or is it just a random error?  Is it the drive or is the format
messed up?

                -Jeremy

                                      Jeremy Alan Green

                           jag@tiac.net    jag@world.std.com