Subject: MacBSD on LCIII
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: 2d Lt Avram Dorfman <adorfman@cs.tufts.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/22/1994 16:54:29
Are there plans to either port to the LCIII, or just adjust so that it is
generic and works on all macs? Do you have a vague guess if so, as to how
long it will be? I'm tired of "losing" PC vs. Mac arguments when people
say "but I can run LINUX", "Well, I can run A/UX", "But LINUX is FREE" 8).

Did you write processor specific kernals for speed, or is there really no
way to generalize it to any mac. This is the first Mac program that I
have seen that doesn't simply work on most macs that have the required
hardware. I've never tried to install A/UX, but I was under the
impression that it ran on every mac since the SE.

Or did they have to go throught the same process, and I just didn't hear
about it until they had full support?

-Avram Dorfman (adorfman@cs.tufts.edu)