Subject: Re: Emacs 19.22 info
To: Edward Wolpert <wolpert@neon.chem.utk.edu>
From: Rod Morehead <rmore@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/21/1994 19:37:00

> Netters-
> 	I've been working on porting emacs (v 19.22) to NetBSD/mac68k.  So
> far, the code does work, but the emacs lib files (.elc) don't.  It seems that
> tar (-xzvf options) doesn't uncompress them properly for some bizzare reason.

I haven't had any problems with the emacs lib files not working. You can
certainly just re-byte compile them for now.
(Although the temacs to emacs making may expect some of the files to be
 already byte compiled.)

> In any case, that problem should be worked out soon, and the program will be
> made available.  The main problem currently is emacs's termcap seems to be
> broken... it will skip letters when it redraws the screen...

Just use the 'd7' termcap entry instead of the vt100. I think the problems
are due to the vt100 emulation in MacBSD not being perfect. It might
be nice for someone who understands termcap better than me to have a look.
I think the problem is related to the vertical scrolling not being what
a normal vt100 gives.
> 		Virtually,
> 		Edward Wolpert

Follow up with me if you want more details on what I did. I have been
kind of swamped but I would be happy to share what I can.

Rod Morehead