Subject: setting problem
To: None <>
From: Edward Wolpert <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/17/1994 20:00:49
>   hi, i have currently installed MacBSD into my MacSE/30. But I have some
>   problems on general setting, such as vi,term, path, etc.
>   Is there any document which includes those general setting problems?
>   or could someone please tell me how i need to set-up MacBSD?

These problems you have is a reason why it's assumed you know some unix
before trying to install.  I suggest getting the 'nutshell' books from
O'Reily's such as 'Learning the UNIX Operating System,' or 'Essential System

For now, make sure you are using the tcsh, (It's in an update, I don't
remember which one.) you are in multiple user mode, type the following 'stty
rows 34 columns 80' and some of your problems should go away.  Also, I think
there are help groups on UseNetNews that can be useful (comp.unix....)
	If you can't get into Multi-user mode, you need to read the FAQ and
README file, since they explain about how to mount the drive for read/write
and change passwords.
		Edward Wolpert

---------------------------            | System Administrator  | Systems Programmer	   | Graduate Chemistry Student
I'm  sorry, but Godot isn't here today. Perhaps if you came back tomorrow...