Subject: setting problem
To: None <leeaj@spot.colorado.edu>
From: Edward Wolpert <wolpert@neon.chem.utk.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/17/1994 20:00:49
>   hi, i have currently installed MacBSD into my MacSE/30. But I have some
>   problems on general setting, such as vi,term, path, etc.
>   Is there any document which includes those general setting problems?
>   or could someone please tell me how i need to set-up MacBSD?

These problems you have is a reason why it's assumed you know some unix
before trying to install.  I suggest getting the 'nutshell' books from
O'Reily's such as 'Learning the UNIX Operating System,' or 'Essential System
Administration.'

For now, make sure you are using the tcsh, (It's in an update, I don't
remember which one.) you are in multiple user mode, type the following 'stty
rows 34 columns 80' and some of your problems should go away.  Also, I think
there are help groups on UseNetNews that can be useful (comp.unix....)
	If you can't get into Multi-user mode, you need to read the FAQ and
README file, since they explain about how to mount the drive for read/write
and change passwords.
		Virtually,
		Edward Wolpert

wolpert@utk.edu            | System Administrator
wolpert@osti.slip.utk.edu  | Systems Programmer
pa153568@utkvm1.utk.edu	   | Graduate Chemistry Student
I'm  sorry, but Godot isn't here today. Perhaps if you came back tomorrow...