Subject: Re: Compiling a new kernel?
To: None <GEN3071@HUSKY1.STMARYS.CA>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/15/1994 12:22:31
>   I've been trying to compile myself a new kernel, but there seem to be
> a few missing files in the compile_kernel/ksrc.tar.Z on cray-ymp.  These
> mostly seem to be one-line header files which each define something to
> a value; presumably these are for configuration porpoises.

Did you config.new the kernel???  If so, what files are missing?

>   There are one or two other files missing as well; swapnetbsd.c comes
> to mind.

This should be built by the config.new process...  I'm working on a
kernel BUILD-HOWTO document which I'll post when it's mostly complete.

> (Oh yeah -- porting NetBSD to a 68030'd Mac Plus should be a piece o' cake
> compared to the other ports.  Inside Mac Vol. 3 has all sorts of useful
> hardware info.)

True, but I'm far too busy working on other stuff to think about it.
If someone else wants to work on it, I'll be happy to integrate their
changes into the kernel.

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****