Subject: Re: How to set up on a IIsi
To: E. Mcnally <emcnally@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
From: Michael Finch <rri!finchm%rri3.rri.com@rri2.cc.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/14/1994 12:56:22
> 1.  Is it even possible to get MacBSD to boot on a IIsi, or am I just
> chasing my tail trying to get it to work?
You are chasing your tail.

> 2.  If it is possible, once I have a unix partition (formated with
> silverlining, and then mkfs), how can I mount it so I can move the
> various unix system files onto it from my macside partition?  None of the
> mounting programs I have seem to be able to get access to it.  Perhaps I
> formated the wrong kind of partition with silver lining as there were
> many options-I formated a "misc AUX" partition.  Even silver lining is
> not able to mount it and it did the formating!
I love this.  You are not the first person to have this problem.
Lawrence explained this long ago, as the icons for those partitions are
just VERY VERY TINY. And perhaps if you squint you will be able to see
them.  Well, that is not entirely true.  The partitions CANNOT be
mounted from MacOs.  There is nothing on them that the Mac understands.
Once the partitions are created you use the installer to copy files onto
the usr (or root & usr) partition.

-Mike

--
rri!finchm@vtserf.cc.vt.edu (W)          | BORG-CVS  Your sources check in