Subject: Re: No news from Virginia
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@kitten.async.vt.edu>
From: Robert Hagopian <rhagopia@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/13/1994 12:25:51
On Sat, 12 Feb 1994, Allen Briggs wrote:

> If you're prepared for it, that's cool.  They're not down here.
> The power lines are down all over the place.  Part of the problem
> is that what we've got is ice, not snow.  If it was just snow,
> it wouldn't be so much of a problem, but 2-3 inches of ice has
> destroyed quite a few trees and power lines.  Most of the phone
> and cable is underground, I believe.  *Sigh*
> Now we've got a water shortage...

Hehehe... When it melts in spring it'll be bad for those underground
cables, you'd better hope it doesn't melt then refreeze... ouch! :-) Of
course, up here (MA) we can't quite tell if we have bushes anymore :-)
(Snowiest winter so far in the 104 years of record keeping!)
Happy New Year!!!       -Rob Hagopian