Subject: Re: weird sendmail errors...
To: Edward Wolpert <wolpert@neon.chem.utk.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@kitten.async.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/12/1994 18:57:06
> 	I've notice some weird sendmail error.  Whenever mail is sent to
> my MacBSD computer (osti.slip.utk.edu) it _does_ get delivered, but a
> reply is sent saying there was a unrecoverable error of 52... Any clues?

Yeah.  I just tracked and nailed this bug a few days ago.  A variable
wasn't being initialized in mail.local.  I spent a while thinking it
was a sendmail problem and kept putting it off.  In any case, it's a
known problem with Alpha2 that will be fixed in the next release.  If
you need local mail for something, you can download the source and
compile it, or I can make it available somewhere.  Whatever.