Subject: Re: Questions...
To: Edward Wolpert <wolpert@osti.slip.utk.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/08/1994 23:49:46
> 1) What do you set your terminals to?  I'm using vt100, and it's not that
>    good.  (It doesn't seem to think the bottom part of the screen is part
>    of the terminal.)  Also, when I slip into the internet, and log into
>    another unix computer, the emulation is really bad.

Let us know what the problems are with the emulation.  On the SE/30 with
little screen, the screen size is 85x34.  The following command should
work on BSD systems:
	stty rows 34 columns 85

> 2) I have a partition that I can't seem to get loaded into the filesystem.
>    Do I need to do any Mac commands other than format the partiton and use
>    regular BSD fs commands?  (I get "can't mount(?) /dev/rsd0a or can
>    /u with /dev/sd0a.)

If you don't have a second unix partitions, delete the line in /etc/fstab
that refers to it.

> 3) netbsd.II doesn't boot on my se/30... it just hangs at the mac side of
>    the booting mode.  netbsd can't handle ps statements.

Hmmm.  Don't know about this.  Was it downloaded and uncompressed
in binary mode?  You have to have matching kernel and ps commands
to get ps to work.  Structures are in flux between BSD 4.3 and 4.4
at the moment and are subject to change.  Sorry about the inconvenience.

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****