Subject: Thanks.
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <gabe@rucs2.sunlab.cs.runet.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/29/1994 13:38:50
>     and a SWAP A/UX partition 2meg, and a Mac_OS partition 2meg.
>                               ^^^^
>
> TWO megabyte swap???  I think this should be at least as large as your
> main memory, and probably larger.  Or does NET/2 not reserve space for
> all processes in swap?

I don't know how it is handled yet, but I have no probs with a 2 meg swap.

I solved the problem and want to thank Allan Briggs for the help and the
solution goes to jeffl@melb.arc.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au, thanks.

Do not use MacGUNZIP, avail. at umich, wuarchive, etc.  It does an ASCII
translation of the kernel file, and though it checks out to be the right
size, it will not work.  I found that GUNZIPing it on our Sun and transfering
the large file to my mac works fine.  Maybe we could .cpt the kernel too?

--gabe