Subject: Re: Cross-compilation (was Re: 68040 jive)
To: Richard Todd <rmtodd@servalan.servalan.com>
From: Michael Finch <finchm@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/24/1994 09:49:46
Richard Todd
> of the pieces I need from the NetBSD source tree:
> 	gas
> 	gcc
> 	include
> 	make
> 	share/mk (the data files for the new BSD make)
> 	ld
> 	config.new (for building kernels)
> Oh, and I'll probably need the libc.a and libgcc.a binaries from the
> Alpha-2 files...
Get all the libraries (libm.a libkern.a)  Some of these may be easy
to build under the cross enviroment and others may be a real bitch.
Gcc always has problems with libgcc1.a.  The linker may have some
problems, make the page size 4k.  8k kernels can't be reliably
booted from macos.  Its ok to use the 8k paged linker for the user
land programs but not the kernel.

-Mike

--
finchm@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu 	| The world would be so much nicer, if