Subject: Re: MacBSD on an SE/30. Help!
To: Todd Ekenstam <todd@acsc.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/21/1994 08:30:39
> After installing MacBSD the boot hangs before any "gray bars" appear.

Did you tell the booter that you have 5MB?  I think it defaults to 8.
Was this a clean install of Alpha2?

> Why isn't the kernel shipped in a tar file in the Alpha2 release?

Because it wasn't in a subdir and Alpha2 was cranked out in an evening...
I need to learn to not do that, but I was continually reminded how far
ahead of the first release that I was and wanted to let everyone else
catch up somewhat.  It's labelled "alpha" for at least one reason...

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****