Subject: Re: IIvi
To: Mike Monaco <sasmam@unx.sas.com>
From: Robert Hagopian <rhagopia@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/20/1994 23:27:19
On Tue, 18 Jan 1994, Mike Monaco wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 1994, Brad Grantham in Convenient Vinyl Pouch wrote:
>
> > I apologize for the bandwidth noise, but does anyone on the list have such a
> > beast as a Mac IIvi?
>
> I have a Performa 600 whose Enabler says its a  IIvm .. whatever
> that means.
>
> I think it's the same machine - 8k cache .. I added a
> FPU so that should be the only difference.

Yes, the VM was originally going to be released with teh VX but someone
at apple apparently did some study and people thought it ment V)irtual
M)emeory so they released it as the P600... minor differences, I believe
the cache size is 32K inteh VX for instance... nothing major I think...
Happy New Year!!!       -Rob Hagopian

| Rob Hagopian.           | FINGER me! (01/18) | Moon Over Miami |   Four   |
| rhagopia@terminator.rs. |GC 1.0.1: GU d -p+(-) c++++ !l u++ e/+| only get |
|          itd.umich.edu  |       m/- s/- !n h f? g+ w+ t-- r- y?|   four   |