Subject: Re: SL/IP info
To: Jason Coleman <coleman@NU.CS.FSU.EDU>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/20/1994 13:57:25
> What I'd like to do now is attempt to set up a SL/IP connection to school.  I
> remember seeing some messages on this mailing list about doing this several
> weeks ago.  Are the messages from this mailing list being collected somewhere,
> or can someone please repost the SL/IP information.

SLIP:  Change the host, gate, netmask and baud rates appropriately.

cu -l /dev/ser0 -s 19200
<connect & start slip>
~^Z (tilde, ctrl-Z to suspend cu)

slattach -h -s 19200 /dev/ser0 (-h for hw flow control)

ifconfig sl0 netmask 0xfffffc00 up
             ^ host         ^ gate

route add default 1

ftp ;-)

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****