Subject: Re: requirements questions...
To: J. Robert Diana <guapo@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/17/1994 23:08:48
> I have a few questions about some of the requirements of MacBSD.
> First, I have an LCII + FPU, MacBSD should work on this correct?

Not at the moment.  I think it will eventually.  It has an '030,
right?

> After reading the readme files from the ftp site, it was not clear if
> A/UX was needed or if installation could be done from the hard drive under
> MacOS.  What's the deal here?

You don't need A/UX, but you need a disk partitioning tool that
understands A/UX partitions.  BSD installs into its own partitions.

> Also, most gnu software works with this, correct?  I am assuming this is true
> since it is NetBSD.

GCC is the compiler.  Gzip compiles out of the box.  Most GNU software
should work.

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****