Subject: Re: MacBSD Kernel Source
To: John Wiley Hatley <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/16/1994 17:28:51
> I was wanting to reconfigure the kernel for more SCSI devices (it complains
> about 10 being greater than kernel's 7) but the files to reconfigure are not
> in any of the tar files. Is there something special I must do to get those
> files?

I haven't uploaded a tar file of the kernel sources recently.  They are
available from via sup, and somewhat recent
files are in a tar archive that sun-lamp creates periodically (sys.tar).
The parameter can be changed in the kernel configuration file, config
run, and re-build.

If you are indeed running into a problem with having more than 7 scsi
devices, it's probably identifying your disks incorrectly (catching one
multiple times).

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****