Subject: Re: Can anyone answer...
To: Brad Grantham in Convenient Vinyl Pouch <grantham@netcom.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/16/1994 11:13:39
> - Why does buttered toast always land butter-side down?

To understand this, one must look at a more obvious case: jelly or
marmalade on toast.  This is much more messy, but leads us to the
obvious cause of the problem.  When there is jelly on the toast, it
forms an airfoil.  As toast is never dropped from a point where it's
parallel to the floor, there is air moving over both sides--faster, of
course, over the jellied side.  The faster air movement causes that side
to have a lower air pressure which the toast moves to fill, pushed from
the higher air pressure on the other side.

> - Does anyone have a copy of the famed third edition of the "Mac Family
>   Hardware Guide" that I might borrow?

#ifdef CONTENT
Addison-Wesley's never heard of such a beast, and they printed the
other Apple pulications.
#endif

> - Who could possibly like Cindy Crawford's beauty mark?

Who could possibly like Billy Joel's stubble?

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****