Subject: Re: NETBSD.940111, Alpha2 on SE/30 success!!!
To: Richard Todd <rmtodd@servalan.servalan.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/14/1994 09:19:15
> >Interesting question:  Why does etc/rc ask for the date and time when it
> >can read it just fine from the Mac clock?

It doesn't on my SE/30.  It gets random bits wrong from the clock--it can
be anywhere from a couple of seconds to many decades off...

> At least for me, it sets the Unix clock from the Mac clock, but it doesn't

We need to update the use of the GMT offset in the booter or get rid of
it--one or the other.  ;-)

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****