Subject: Re: SE/30 installation. HELP!
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: David Condon <dxc4@po.cwru.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/10/1994 13:21:50
Space Case says:

>Eric Kelley <g2kelley@cdf.toronto.edu> writes:
>>1 Meg Eschatology Partition!!!!!!
>>(Does anyone know what the HELL this is, the AUX partitioning software I am
>>using forced me to install this partition.  Doesn't seem to be causing
>>problems but is wasting 1 Meg of precious disk space.)]
>>

>I use a hacked version of Apple HDSC Setup that allows me to access other
>disks than Apple's.  It calls the Eschatology partition "A/UX auto backup."
>A nice thing about HDSC Setup is you can choose "Custom" partitioning, go
>in and delete *everything* and set up partitions the way *you* want them.
>It also has about a dozen different partition types to choose from, nine of
>which are A/UX types.

Spot On from MacPeak Research worked fine when I installed Alpha 1 (A/UX
root&usr and swap partitions). Separate root and usr partitions were also
supported. I haven't tried it with Alpha 2 yet though.

--
"Yes, we plot no less than the destruction of the West. Just the other day a
friend and I came up with the most pernicious academic scheme to date for