Subject: SE/30 installation. HELP!
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Eric Kelley <g2kelley@cdf.toronto.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/09/1994 15:38:05
Hello again,  thanks for the previous help.

I have run into another problem how-ever.
I get through the boot-up procedure until it asks me to fsck /bin/sd0a.
At that point fsck hangs, if I hit <RETURN> it says that block 16 is
unreadable, asks me whether I want to continue and then hangs.

I had originally thought that I had either partitioned the disk incorrectly
or formated incorrectly, but I now doubt that since I have re-partitioned
and installed the system 3 times with exactly the same behaviour.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

-Thanks
-eric

Here's my system stats:

SE/30 5Meg RAM 40 MegHD

Partitioning:

14 Meg MacOS

20 Meg Root/Usr
4  Meg Swap

1 Meg Eschatology Partition!!!!!!
(Does anyone know what the HELL this is, the AUX partitioning software I am
using forced me to install this partition.  Doesn't seem to be causing
problems but is wasting 1 Meg of precious disk space.)]

btw The disk partitioning software I am using is Alliance Power Tools.