Subject: Re: Apple information...
To: Scott Kaplan <sfkaplan@cs.amherst.edu>
From: Robert Hagopian <rhagopia@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/07/1994 20:54:55
On Fri, 7 Jan 1994, Scott Kaplan wrote:

> Brian Kendig had a good point when he wrote:
> I don't suppose there's anyone at Apple whom we could write to about this
> problem?  Not that I really think we're going to get Apple to change
> their mind...but they might be interested to know that, by having a free
> distribution BSD on my Mac, I will be able to get much more use out of
> my IIci, and be much happier about the idea of buying an Apple machine
> in the future.  Moreover, if I were buying a new machine now, my needs
> for UNIX might supercede the desire to have the nice Mac interface...
> Maybe Apple can be swayed?

I bet that getting the word about MacBSD out to MacWeek/World/User and
describign the delays from apple would get something done... I bet that
yo're right, many people would buy macs if they knew there was a free
native unix... (besides A/UX...) Although considerign Apple is designing
Unix to run its new file server...

> By the way, to the developers...What's the projection for getting MacBSD
> working with internal video running on the IIci/IIsi (and any other
> machines which don't have dedicated VRAM)?  Just curious...Keep up the
> good work!

And what about Powerbooks (forget teh power management), which has
dedicated VRAM? :-)
                    -Rob Hagopian