Subject: Re: Problems with the install utility
To: Real Artificial Leather-like Brad Grantham <grantham@netcom.com>
From: Achim Neumann <achim@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/07/1994 20:51:49
Brad Grantham writes
> Unpack the dev.tar file.  This is failing because it's looking for the
> /dev/sd0g device node, and not finding it.  I apologize that our installer
> is not a little more clear.  If you can manage to get the installer to
> come up (temporarily turn your usr partition into a MacOS partition),
> installing the /dev directory will probably solve this problem.  Good
> luck; let us know what happens.

That's it. The install-utility recognize our "/usr - partition". Thank you
Brad for this help.

> What do you mean by "a dot?"

The install-utility says:
Mounting partition 'A' as /
Mounting partition 'G' as /usr.
                              ^ This was the dot I mean. First I thought
                                the install-utility wants to mount a
                                directory named "/usr." .

--

Achim

Achim Neumann	Technische Fakultaet, Universitaet Bielefeld
Email:		achim@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE