Subject: Re: Problems with the install utility
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brian Kendig <bskendig@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/07/1994 08:12:20
Achim Neumann writes:
> Thank you for your answer, but as I described in my first mail I created
> a /usr directory with "mkdir /usr".
> Although /usr exists the install-utility hangs (mounting /usr : No such file
> or directory)...

Unpack the dev.tar file.  This is failing because it's looking for the
/dev/sd0g device node, and not finding it.  I apologize that our installer
is not a little more clear.  If you can manage to get the installer to
come up (temporarily turn your usr partition into a MacOS partition),
installing the /dev directory will probably solve this problem.  Good
luck; let us know what happens.

> I don't know if this is the normal behaviour but there is a dot after
> printing "Mounting partition 'G' as /usr."

What do you mean by "a dot?"

I hope I've helped.

		-Brad
--
		      Brad Grantham, grantham@netcom.com
	      11 0010010000111111011010101 - It's as easy as pie.