Subject: Re: Problems with the install utility
To: Achim Neumann <achim@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Michael Finch <finchm@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/07/1994 10:59:23
Achim Neumann
> > After you create the root partition CREATE a /usr directory.  Then
> > create the usr partition and run install the second time.  It can't
> > mount Partition G on /usr because there is no /usr.
> Thank you for your answer, but as I described in my first mail I created
> a /usr directory with "mkdir /usr".
> Extract from my mail:
> These are the steps we did:
> 	mkdir /usr				<<< here it is

You should have put the "here it is" in the original post so that
I would see it...  I have no idea why the installer is doing this.
There is a new guy working on it and hopefuly he can help you.
Would the new guy please stand up??

This is the way I do it on my drive.  But that code is really
hacked, and just about anything could be happening.  I'd check to
make sure the usr partition is partitioned as "AUX Usr" and that
the root part is "AUX Root"..

-Mike

--
finchm@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu 	| CVS Hotel, sources check in,