Subject: problem w/perl longjump/setjump
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Rod Morehead <rmore@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/06/1994 21:14:08
Hmmm...somehow I lost the body of my previous message, sorry about the
noise.

Previously I have the original (Alpha1) release installed and working
on my SE/30. I am happy to report that I have the ALPHA2 installed and
working with the current macbsd.II kernel.

With the old version, I had perl compiled and all the tests where
working except for some related to the dbm routines.

My problem comes when trying to compile perl under the ALPHA2 distribution.
After the reistalled I recompiled and when I try to run the perl
tests it immediately fails indicating that a call to longjmp failed.
I am linking in the libm and the libc.so libs.

Before I spend more time on this, I was wondering if anyone knows of
any problems related longjmp/setjmp in the ALPHA2 or netbsd.II distribution.

BTW what termcap works well on the SE/30? vt100 kind of works but I
would guess there is a better one to use.