Subject: Re: Problems with the install utility
To: Achim Neumann <achim@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Michael Finch <finchm@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/06/1994 20:59:50
Achim Neumann
> 	run install and then we get the following error:
>
> 		Mounting partition 'A' as /
> 		Mounting partition 'G' as /usr.
> 		mounting /usr : No such file or directory
> 		(press <<return>> to exit)
After you create the root partition CREATE a /usr directory.  Then
create the usr partition and run install the second time.  It can't
mount Partition G on /usr because there is no /usr.

> By the way, has anyone more than two AUX-Partition on one hd running macbsd?
> On our system disklabel doesn't recognize more than two AUX-partitions
> (4.2BSD  partitions).
This is the way disklabel was designed.  I'm thinking about changing
it so that root is A, swap is B, the first USR is G the whole disk is C and
then the rest of the partitions that it finds get randomly scattered
at the other numbers.

-MIke

--
finchm@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu 	| CVS Hotel, sources check in,